Monday, October 1, 2007

Moratorium... step 1

I've been stopped, well, I can't shift anyway! As I posted last time, I received a janky downtube shifter kit from Universal. Total accident, and they were super cool about replacing it. It's already on it's way after I contacted them on Friday. The only bad part about waiting for it is I can't dial in the derailleurs until I get it. I installed the chain tonight which may have displayed another problem: either the chain is too short, or it's just going to be a tight shift should I ever accidentally shift to the 53-34. I did all the math regarding Chain wrap and capacity and I was fairly sure I was fine... but maybe I'll have to do it again to be sure. I wonder if there's a link calculator somewhere as well.... but I suppose that would be impossible since chainstay length varies. Doh!
edit: there is! Chain Length Calculator. You need to know the chainstay length and luckily I do. It's 18.1" on a 56cm LHT! I still won't know for sure until I get the shifters on and adjust the derailleurs though.

So in lieu of actually trying to do anymore installation or tuning tonight, I thought I'd make a list of things I need to do.

-Flip around front brake pads
-Adjust front and rear brakes
-Install shift lever, run/cut cables
-Adjust front and rear derailleurs
-Install and adjust pedals
-Adjust seat height and fore/aft adj.
-Install front rack
-Run/hook up cyclocomputer - I actually wound up doing this last night anyway. What a pain with Canti's!

i think that's it for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home