Saturday, October 6, 2007

Yay downcycling!

Chainstay Slap-guard made from an old tube
Tube Re-Use on the Chainstay

I've been holding on to some tubes that I can't patch (they're cut at the stem) wondering how I could still use them. I was going to buy a chainslap guard today when I realized I should just use an old innertube.

I know for sure this has been done before, but it didn't occur to me. After searching online for "reusing bike tubes" and similar things, I found near squat. Some company making bags out of recycled tubes won't take mine because they're too narrow, people making wallets, a site that tells you how to make rubberbands out of them.

So I'm trying to come up with other ideas that re-appropriate old tubes. Sewing them seems out of the question, so it'll have to be other things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home