Saturday, October 20, 2007

100 miles +!

So after 100+ miles in the saddle, I figure it's about time to deliver some information. I'll keep it brief-ish.

-The rear derailleur is starting to act like it needs some adjustment. Occasionally it won't shift properly. It grinds a bit and sometimes won't shift until you shift down and back up again.
-The rear brake is still squealing, even after adjustment initially. Maybe after 100 miles it will adjust properly.
-The Rondine saddle isn't bad. I still am not certain it's as good as my Brooks B-17, but it's far better for my rear than my Arione is.
-The bars seem to be doing their job just fine
-LOVE the shifters. So great! Indexing worked perfectly and is only now starting to get screwy.
-Canti's stop fairly well, but i still wonder how it compares to stopping with a fixed gear. I still often think I have better control with the my previous bikes
-The Surly Nice Rack and Ortlieb pannier's work great! Picked them up at bike stores in the Mission and Haight last weekend. Finally was able to test them out today along with my new Nau Pants. I have the Quintessential Charcoal gray ones. They're light and so far seem to be well waterproof.

Rain Gear
Rain Gear

Surly Nice Rack
Surly Nice Rack - Droplets

LOVE IT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home